We have very often heard the term self discipline being used in normal conversations while discussing various behavioral subjects. This term in fact sounds more punishable in nature than the real sense of the word.
Ensuring one’s own Self Discipline is an art. It is basically an assertion of your will power to do or behave in a particular manner. This requires a mindset where you call upon yourself to indulge or behave in a manner that helps you achieve a desired result, such as happiness or success in any venture. It will also at times require you to oppose your own desires that go against meeting your end result.
Self disciplined individuals make their choices and decisions carefully with reasonable logical thinking, instead of being dictated by their feelings or impulsive thinking. This gives them a sense of assurance and comfort instead of getting upset with themselves.
Here are some few tips on how to develop self discipline:
1. Understand what motivates you – We come across occasions or reasons that make us suddenly act or behave in a manner that gives you desirable and pleasant results. Identify such reasons.2. Cultivate Positive Habits – A certain behavioral pattern or action generates unknown energies that pushes you to act. Make that behavior or action a habit.
3. Kill Negativity – When faced with laziness, failure or bad example from others, you tend to bow down towards negativity. Kill it, the moment it attacks you.
4. Keep Busy – Engage yourself in some kind of sports or activities that keep your mind active and busy. It will keep you mentally and physically alert.
5. Derive Inspirations – Look up to people whom you idolize and get inspired from their success. Understand them, but don’t try to copy them.
6. The Rewards – Visualise the end rewards and bask in that glory.
Self Discipline concerns you. It is part of your personality and should be initiated and developed by you alone. Excuses, failures, procrastination is like a workshop in an idle mind, while self discipline will control your action and impulses thus guiding you to positivity. It will help you to take decisive actions and execute your plans easily. In addition to organising your work, it will help you achieve your targets and goals in your assigned target time.
In order to therefore lead a result oriented life of peace and comfort, encourage self discipline in your life. Refer to various Resourceful Sources on the subject matter and create the perfect reality you desire.